This beautiful blueberry compote the easiest recipe to make, I’m not sure if it even counts as a recipe it’s so simple. The blueberry compote goes with everything – yoghurt, ice cream, pancakes. It can even become a topping to dress up a simple cake, such as Luscious Lemon Drizzle. The combination of lemon and blueberries is a party in your mouth!
There are only two ingredients to make the beautiful blueberry compote: blueberries and honey. Cooking time is ten minutes to cook with no preparation time – just pour the frozen blueberries and honey into a saucepan and you are ready!
I always have a stash of frozen blueberries in my freezer so I can whip this up to be added to pancakes or yoghurt. The recipe also works with frozen cherries or raspberries. Use the same ratio of fruit to honey and make sure you don’t over heat it. At the end of the cooking time, there should still be some whole pieces of fruit.
Beautiful Blueberry Compote
- 600 grams Blueberries frozen
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Put 300g blueberries in a saucepan, add the honey on top.
- Heat the blueberries and stir until the honey melts. The blueberries will begin to thaw and release their juices and create a delicious blueberry liquid.
- After 5-7 minutes, when a lot of the blueberries have broken down and there is a lot of juice, add the remaining 300g frozen blueberries.
- Stir to combine, for 1-2 minutes to gently thaw the berries, but do not allow them to break down.